Sweet Lupin is uniquely high in protein (up to 40%) and dietary ﬁber (30%) low in fat (6%) and contains minimal starch and therefore has very low Glycemic Index (GI).
In terms of nutritional and health beneﬁts on offer, lupin bean is an attractive ‘GM free’ alternative to soybeans.
Lupin enriched foods deliver on:
- Feeling full longer
- Subjects reported a signiﬁcant decrease in hunger between meals.
- Controlling blood sugar levels
- Lupin ﬂour inclusion into white bread signiﬁcantly reduces the blood glucose response and the insulin response.
- Improving blood cholesterols
- Lupin ﬁber acts as a soluble ﬁber and drops total cholesterol without affecting the HDL cholesterol. Lupin proteins have also been shown to beneﬁcially modify serum lipid proﬁles by stimulating liver cells to take up and degrade LDL cholesterol.
- Lowering blood pressure
- Lupins are one of the best natural sources of the amino acid - arginine, which is thought to improve blood vessel performance. Recent studies indicated that
- including lupin in the diet assists with hypertension.
- Prebiotics for Improved bowel health
- Lupin foods reduce transit time, lower the colon pH thereby reduces the colorectal cancer risk, and act as a ‘prebiotic’.
- Very High source of dietary ﬁber
- Gluten free
Claims are not confirmed by FDA.
Price from: $4.98